Thursday, December 3, 2009

Aaargh! December 3rd and we have temps in the 50s and RAIN! Rain of course means mud and when you live with lots of animals, mud is not a good thing. Plus we are all eager for some snow right now (by March we will be sick of snow but right now the white stuff would be very attractive). The only one who stays clean is Fire (short for Firecracker as he was born on the 4th of July), our barn cat, who is always immaculate.

I am working on research for an article and a book. Research can be fun or it can be totally dry, slogging through vet journals especially. My breaks tend to be mystery reading or working the dogs in obedience. Not fun doing that in the rain though Queezle and Hokey did lovely down stays on the driveway while I walked to the road to get the newspapers.

Hokey continues to do well. He feels great - running, circling, barking some and harassing the other dogs off and on as only a young male dog would do :). One of his supplements we started is arginine. Arginine has been shown to be beneficial to human and animal cancer patients so Hokey gets one capsule daily. Arginine has multiple immune modulating effects and anti tumor actions. (See managing the Canine Cancer Patient by Ogilvie and Moore).
Deb E

From Hokey:
Deb had a bit of a nightmare last night and woke up thinking I was out of remission. Luckily she seems to be wrong as my lymph nodes are still down. I told her to have happy dreams like I do with duck herding, agility, tracking and lots of great food! Plus a dumbbell - I love my dumbbell!

Personally I am glad the hoopla over Flash's birthday is winding down. I think that *I* should be the center of attention. After all, she is just older, right? Plus Christmas is coming and I have lots of things on my list that I would like. I suppose the stocking full of fresh horse manure isn't likely.

Ooops, here comes Deb. We alternate - 3 of us get teeth brushed one day while 3 of us get groomed and then vice versa the next day. My day for grooming, which I also love! My favorite parts are being blow dried after a bath and getting toweled when I come in wet. Gotta love rain, mud, snow, sun, all of it!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment