Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Perfect start to the day!

Today started out wonderfully! Tom had helped at the barn but then I put everyone (except ducks) out and cleaned stalls, put in fresh bedding and added hay for tonight. Working in the barn is always good for me - especially mentally though physically as well I am sure. Somehow, cleaning in the house isn't as good for my mental state.

Then, I took Hokey and Dani for a long walk down the railroad right of way. We have missed our walks for the last few weeks as it was rifle deer season here. Most of our hunters are local people who know the woods and we probably could still walk then but I try not to. And no, I am not against hunting - knowledgeable people hunt responsibly and in my economically depressed area people literally hunt to put food on the table. Back to our walk - about 22 degrees but no wind so it didn't feel very cold. Soft snow flakes drifting down steadily but straight due to the lack of wind. Pristine snow about an inch deep when we started so our tracks were the first ones with the exception of one set of bunny tracks. Just beautiful. Good for the body, good for the soul. The dogs both ran with abandon, sniffing, marking, chasing each other, playing with me and just plain enjoying the time together.
Deb E
PS You can check out Dani at our website (which I need to work on!!) at coyote-run.net.

From Hokey:
Deb is right on this time! GREAT start to our day! I had a wonderful time running but we are ordering a coat for me as I am starting to look a bit bare. Good thing I have extra insulation to keep me warm (Deb calls that my blubber but I don't mind). We had so much fun running. Dani is fast but I think I may be faster or if I am not faster I am certainly more clever. Or maybe I am just cuter.
Hokey

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the best part of the day - me coming home!

    ReplyDelete