Friday, December 25, 2009

A happy holiday to all!

Well, it has been a couple of interesting last few days. Hokey threw up after his breakfast on Wednesday. It wasn't the nausea type vomit where the dog walks around, head down, drooling but rather the sort of casual vomit many dogs do routinely. Plus he immediately wanted to eat it all back down. I wondered why the bile was being so stubborn to clean up when I realized it was the turmeric. So far the stain has defeated most cleaning solutions, though I have a few more to try. The color has been reduced from literally a glowing neon to a simple yellow sun of happiness on the grey rug :).


With the arrival of his coat, Hokey has enjoyed being outside even more. I feel less guilty having him come to the barn for chores with the coat. He looks quite handsome in his metallic blue coat with the warm fake sheep fleece lining.
The holiday has been fun here - all dogs got bones and toys, people got fun things and useful things. I hope the holiday was good to all of you.
Deb E
From Hokey:
Whoa - I mean, am I "hot" or maybe "really cool" in my new coat or what?!!! And it stays on even if I run fast as the wind, or chase and bump Tia or roll in the snow. I am psyched. I have already learned to put my head in the opening & can almost fasten the buckle myself - well, maybe not quite yet but I am close to getting it. And I got another new bone PLUS a Kong Wubba! Yeah, Santa knew who was nice here :))
I hope every dog has good food, a soft bed, a warm, dry place to sleep and a human to adore him!
Hokey

5 comments:

  1. Hokey,you are freakin' gorgeous. My mom says Merry Xmas to yours.
    Love,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, it seems to me you are brilliant and have impeccable taste even if you are a mere Sporting Dog and not a fabulous Herding Dog. I hope you had a GREAT Xmas!
    Hokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did he get into tumeric?
    I love the coat, Molly has one like it but it has two cinches , just like a horse turnout coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turmeric is one of the cancer supplements Hokey is taking due to his lymphoma. So I gave him the ammunition to dye the rug!
    Deb E

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - Hokey, your new coat is stunning. Now you can join
    Casey & Madi in their turnout coats (and all of the greyhounds, who have not one coat each but entire wardrobes of outerwear!)
    Deb, look out ... the next step is dog booties!

    ReplyDelete