Monday, November 30, 2009

Today was a day of celebration! First, our Pem Corgi Flash just turned 12 yrs old. Flash is an amazing dog - an incredible athlete and my daughter Kate's chosen puppy when Kate was 7 yrs old. They have successfully competed in obedience, jr showmanship, rally, agility, herding, freestyle and tracking plus trained in carting, water rescue and flyball. This past summer they became one of just 200 or so teams that have earned the coveted title of Champion Tracker (check out website coyote-run.net for more info). Since Kate is off at college, Tom and I took Flash out for a cheeseburger. She got to pick out her own special toy on Friday night. Happy birthday Flash!

It was also a special day for Hokey. For the past 8 weeks he has had to go in for chemo every Monday am. First a blood draw to check his white blood cell count, especially his neutrophils. Then whatever chemo was scheduled that day as part of his protocol. But the 8 weeks of induction are over - he is still in remission ( his lymph nodes went down after the first chemo) and he is now on a maintenance schedule. That means he goes to chemo every other week for the next 8 weeks. So he was happy today too. His supplements will all continue and his body will have more of a chance to recover between treatments.
Deb E

From Hokey -
WOW!!! Wonderful day even if it was cold and rainy. I didn't get to work my ducks since it was a bit cold to put them out but I got to run in the field with Queezle and that was fun. And, I didn't have to go in for chemo! I love visiting the vet clinic and I really like all the other vets and techs but I don't like having to have blood drawn and getting injections. After all, I am a busy dog with things to do and these chemo appointments have really been messing up my weekly schedules.

Deb let me do some obedience work yesterday and I was amazing if I say so myself. Guess I haven't lost anything with this chemo business! And we may get snow tonight which is very fun to run in and roll in. Yup, good day all round.
Hokey

1 comment:

  1. Happy 12th Birthday to Flash from almost 12 year old Betony. And way to go, Hokey! (Plus, of course, congrats to Deb on starting your blog...)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete