Monday, December 7, 2009

We had a good weekend. Since Hokey was off his chemo for almost 2 weeks I let him go to the shows with me and we showed in Open obedience. He needed a second command once in each class but you have to be perfect so we failed to earn a leg towards his titles but we had fun! He was enthusiastic, happy and very up. My kids both did well - Kate putting a CD on her Terv Queezle and Tom getting a junior showmanship placement and almost going Reserve Winners Dog with his Aussie Baloo.

We now have a light coat of snow so the dogs are very happy running and rolling in it. The horses enjoy the snow as well. The ducks, well, not so much - they prefer to stay in :).

Hokey had chemo today and was quite whipped - I think the weekend competing plus the chemo today really wiped him out. He has been crashed upside down next to the couch much of the day.

DWAA nominations for awards just came out. Kate has a couple and I have one I think. The contest categories can be extremely competitive so it is nice to even be a finalist. Contest Chair Terry Albert did a great job with this huge task.

OK, off to catch up on household chores and maybe, just maybe, think about holiday stuff.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Wow, I finally got to go to a show again. It was great, though I can't believe I wasn't a big star - what is a mere second command, just one lousy word, when the amazing dog manages to jump, retrieve, drop, stay, etc? And of course, Queezle, the little angel, doing baby stuff like Novice, passes all three trials and gets a hamburger on the way home!! Talk about unfair!

It was depressing to have chemo again today. I thought I was done. Deb says if I stay in remission I just have 7 more doses - each of them 2 weeks apart. I guess I can handle that.
Hokey, off to see if can sneak some food from Tom

1 comment:

  1. Yup you got one: regular column for a club pub. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete