Monday, March 1, 2010

What a weekend!!!

Wow, what a weekend! Since this was a nonchemo week, I had entered Hokey in our local agility trials. He is in Excellent B so all of his runs are at the toughest level - trickiest courses, fastest times, no errors allowed. I am not the world's greatest handler and of course, we haven't had much chance to practice. So on Saturday he had two really nice runs but we had errors in both. Then Sunday morning, we had a fabulous run - even ended up 5th out of a large class in Jumpers With Weaves! I was thrilled. I hadn't been sure we would ever get to run and compete together again, so getting to be there was wonderful to begin with and having Hokey do so well was icing on the cake. It was truly "sweet".

Today was his next to last chemo so now we keep hoping for remission to hold and deal with one more chemo in two weeks.
Kate had a nice run with a first place with Queezle in Excellent A Jumpers with Weaves and Flash had her usual spectacular but slightly messy runs. Tia was so slow that someone thought she must be our dog with cancer - not Hokey who was fast and active!
Deb E

From Hokey:
Yeah, I was smokin'. I was SO good, that all the girl dogs were blown away. Well, maybe not ALL the girl dogs. Our girl dogs never give me respect and a few of the others were faster - like the 4 who beat me. But still, I was cool and if Deb was better we would have qualified in one or two other classes. I did earn my very own hamburger though! Queezle got her own hamburger but Flash and Tia had to share. I love getting my own!

Today was a bummer. Back at the clinic for chemo. Deb says it is the next to last one though if I stay in remission. So I plan to stay in remission. I like the people at the clinic a lot but not the injections. I can visit to say hi without having to get treated.
Hokey, a star again!

No comments:

Post a Comment