Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Onwards!

With Hokey in remission and off chemo we have plans for the coming weekend. There is a big 4 day show cluster at the Fairgrounds in Syracuse. I just entered him in Excellent FAST in agility and Open A in obedience. Neither of those have great pass or qualifying rates but he has 2 legs in FAST and one in Open so I am hoping we can pull off a couple of qualifying runs in both areas. That may be greedy but we can hope.

The best thing of course is that we will actually BE at something as I wasn't sure last September if we could get to compete together ever again. the last agility trials were a HUGE boost to me and hopefully we will have fun this weekend no matter what.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Yeah, cool. I am still negotiating. I figure since I am at upper levels in every area of competition and since I am a cancer patient in remission, I should get my own personal hamburger for every achievement. I mean,maybe even just for showing up!

Deb keeps saying we both need to lose some weight and get in better shape but really, I think that *I* at least look pretty good. It will be fun to get out and hopefully be a BIG star though. Kate is showing her girls in agility over the weekend, but to be honest, they aren't nearly as good as I am.
Hokey, figuring false humility never did anybody any good :))

1 comment:

  1. After my Lab's bilateral CCL repairs, it took four YEARS before her vets decided she should be allowed to jump. She took on rally and obedience as if she'd been born in those rings. I so understand the anxiousness of trialing again, and the exhilaration just to be out doing what you love with a dog whom you love.
    Good luck, and good on you both, Deb and Hokey, for enjoying your time together. Hokey, Gracie says: "Here's to Hamburgers!"

    ReplyDelete