Saturday, March 27, 2010

The nose still works!


One of my worries about after effects of chemo with Hokey was that his sense of smell might be messed up. He loves to track & is a superb tracker so if we had to stop doing that it would have been quite sad.
Today I laid a track for him at our middle school. This was a mini VST track - about half the regulation length with a moment of truth turn in the parking lot & a fair amount of nonvegetated surface. I laid the track, then went on errands, coming back to run it with him about 1 1/2 hrs later.
He was GREAT!!! Nailed it quite well, indicated all the articles plus the 2 plastic clothes pins I had for markers in the grass. Since it is quite cold out (about 35 degrees)I wasn't sure how he would do with the metal & plastic articles. Not a problem at all!
So we are quite happy. The photo attached is from a VST camp we did with Ed Presnall. Hopefully we can go on to TDX & VST work now.
Deb E

From Hokey:
HA! *I* knew my nose was just fine. After all, I could find my dinner every night! I LOVE to track! Tracking & working my ducks are my two favorite things in life - besides Deb of course, & my food & my wubba toy. I guess I am just lucky & I have lots of favorite things.
It was a tad embarassing that Deb had to let out my harness a hole but better a bit chubby than wasting away I say.
Hokey, having a very good day

No comments:

Post a Comment