Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful days!

We have had stunning days here in upstate NY. It has gotten down into the 20s at night so the snow has crusted over. The crust is hard enough that the big dogs and I can walk on it. So in the Early morning, right after barn chores, we hike around the cornfield/hayfield. The dogs love it! I do too - the bright blue sky, white snow glittering like diamonds, crisp, clean air.

Unfortunately though, while racing around, three of the dogs skinned their footpads. Probably the sharp ice/snow crystals scraped the pad off. Interesting though, that it was the right front foot on all three of them. The other three dogs are fine. Liquid bandage works great on the scraped pads.

The forecast is for 50s and rain this weekend which means we will be moving to mud season. I really hate mud! It is impossible to keep things clean with mud season. I wish I could go straight from snow to green grass.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Woohee!!! Another chemo free Monday and only one more treatment to go! I am SO psyched! I love the early morning runs on the crusty snow. And MY feet are just fine so I must be a superior dog. Dani and Flash have fine feet too.

Deb thinks maybe the white pads on the Aussies are less tough but Queezle has black pads. She does run very fast but I think I am faster. In fact, I am a lot faster right now because her foot hurts a bit. Ha! Superior dog - that is all I have to say.

There was no Open Training today which was too bad as I wanted to go but Deb says I get to go to obedience class tomorrow. I am sure I will once again be the star. But I have to keep a close eye on those Newfs. I do think they are bears in disguise.
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment