Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Busy times

Busy times! I spent the weekend with Kate & her Terv Queezle at the Saratoga dog shows. We had fun, met some new friends, touched base with some "old" friends & Kate did quite well.
That however, left Hokey at home under the care of "the guys". Tom did an excellent job getting his medications & supplements into him but didn't notice all the small details I would have.
I came home to find Hokey with some diarrhea but that seems to be clearing (despite chemo yesterday) so all is going well.
It has been a funky winter - lots of ice, some rain, really cold at times and lousy cross country skiing snow. The dogs & I all feel the need for more exercise. So today I rotated the girls out for some frisbee using the Kong type disc. They were thrilled.
I told the boys tomorrow is their turn!
I have a new supplement to add to Hokey's list but I want to wait until the diarrhea is cleared so I can be sure he handles the new stuff fine. I am reading the book on the dog's ancestral diet which is quite good. I guess I may need to stock up on sardines! I personally hate them but I bet the dogs will like them.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Man, once again, a Chemo Monday! I am truly sick of this but I am trying to be brave. Deb says just 3 more treatments & we figured out a way to do one orally so only 2 more needle sticks for the chemo (plus 3 for the bloodwork but I don't mind those!)
My hair is growing back & I truly believe I will be even more handsome than before. It is still a bit chilly to go out without my neat blue coat though, so I wear that.
Deb said we all (as in all of us dogs) will get to try some sardines. Sounds good to me! I don't think the human kids will eat them which means more for me. Maybe the other dogs won't like them either & then I can eat lots of sardines!
Off to practice my obedience-
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment