Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trying new things

This is a chemo free week for Hokey so I am boldly adding a new supplement. If he stays in remission he only has 3 more chemo treatments. Then we go forth, hoping things stay that way.
The canine cancer community is a wonderful group for sharing advice, support and sympathy. Everyone is willing to share what they have learned, both good and bad, in their personal fights with their dogs against these diseases.
Hokey just started his new supplement on Monday. Once he has been on it a few more days, so I see if we are going to have any side effects - good or bad, I will let you know about it. So far, so good!

My sympathies to those in areas that don't normally get much snow who have been hit with multiple blizzards this year. It appears that once again, we will miss out on the snow. In fact, we haven't had a real blizzard at all this year here in my area of upstate NY. One blizzard, without loss of power of course, would be nice. And then we can go directly from white snow to green grass, skipping the mud stage if possible.
Deb E
PS Check out my Examiner site for news and training tips! http://www.examiner.com/x-37369-Utica-Dogs-Examiner

From Hokey:
OK, another chemo free Monday!! No agility league for me to star in this weekend but since Tom will be off on a school trip, I get to go to the agility seminar. I expect to blow everyone away if Deb doesn't hold me back.
And hair, glorious hair! My coat is growing back in. Deb said something about a slightly funny texture but I think I am looking more handsome every day - not that I was ever really not handsome, mind you. It will be sad to give up my great blue coat though. I love it when Deb throws it at me and I duck to get my head into the opening. I am so clever! Oh, and Queezle is losing hair at a great rate so soon she will be the ugly duckling.
One of my new supplements is liver flavored. I don't see why ALL my supplements can't taste that good. Deb puts some down my throat and some get hidden in cheese but I really like the flavored ones.
Hokey, off to do barn chores - ta da da da!!

No comments:

Post a Comment