Saturday, February 20, 2010

Agility fun

Our local obedience club, Syracuse Obedience Training Club, offers a really fun agility option in the winter months. We have an 'agility league' - 6 weeks of agility competition run on a team basis. Each week we do two runs each - one game run and one regular run. Kate and I are on the Bar Hoppers Team (all but one nondrinkers, so you know the bars we hop are agility jumps :)

On Hokey's nonchemo weeks I have run him and he has done very well. Since this was a chemo week, I was running Tia, Kate's little Aussie. http://coyote-run.net. Tia is generally very precise and does lovely weave entries. BUT, Tia is NOT fast. Now, *I* am not fast either, but even I tend to outrun her, especially since the human partner gets to cut some corners, etc. She is fun to run but I miss going flat out with Hokey or Dani.

Kate ran Queezle today and their weaving is improving by leaps and bounds. Queezle is fast, though none of our dogs can touch Kate's Corgi for pure, sheer speed, even at 12 years of age. Flash is an energizer bunny Corgi! Our team came in third but all the teams did quite well. Lots of fun on a cold, snowy winter day!
Deb E

From Hokey:
Well, this stinks. I did NOT get to go to agility league! I have been a top dog for our team.

At least Kate is home to visit for a couple of days. She is one of my favorite humans. And Tom comes home from his school trip tonight so that will be nice. I like having all my humans together! Plus when Kate is home, she does some of the care for her dogs and gives me some attention so I get LOTS more attention. Which I deserve and need of course.

I have been enjoying watching the Olympics at night. Our family basically doesn't watch TV so it is kind of a treat. I really don't understand why I can't have my own bowl of popcorn though. It is funny when Baloo whines and howls along with the ad that sings Happy Birthday. I think I could have been a snowboarder if I was a human. They seem cool and I could easily be a chick magnet.
Hokey

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hokey,
    I totally relate to your wanting the whole family to be together. One of my favorite humans, Julie, has been home since Thursday night. She's promised to take me for a walk today and I can't wait -- especially because that white stuff is finally going away and it's warm out. I only wish that I hadn't seen her packing her suitcase last night. Why does she have to go away again??
    Love,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete