Monday, January 25, 2010

Dog Expo

On Saturday our obedience held their second Dog Expo. What a wonderful event for a Saturday in January! There were mini seminars and demos scheduled throughout the day along with breed booths and two parades of breeds. Spectators were admitted for a donation of food for the local shelter, no fee. Vendors had toys, artwork, treats and dog food for sale. Kate and I did a book signing which went well. The club held an extensive raffle to help cover costs.

This gave people a chance to check out obedience, rally, agility, tracking, freestyle and carting/weight pulling. Presenters gave demos and then were available for questions. Most had handouts as well. Seminars covered nutrition, health topics, grooming and massage. One family had driven almost 2 hours to attend and stayed all day. Just a wonderful way to give back to our community!

Flash (Corgi) and Baloo (Aussie) did carting, plus Flash represented Pembroke Welsh Corgis in the breed parade. She and Dani (Terv) did tracking, plus Dani helped with my health talk and represented Belgian Tervurens. Lots of fun!
Deb E

From Hokey:
Man, I do NOT care that it is raining and very grey outside - it is still Chemo Free Monday!!! Deb is not sure what classes we will make this week but I am happy just to get to skip the clinic this morning. She found out about a new supplement from other dog owners who have dogs with the Big C and that should come today. I understand it is liver flavored so that would be great. I will let you know how it tastes. Deb will let you know the medical stuff on it I am sure. It all goes over my head but into my belly!
I am putting in a plug here for the Orbee Company (and no, I don't get a commission). We ALL, as in all the Eldredge dogs, LOVE the Orbee Mint toy. And so far, it has survived all 6 of us chomping on it at various times. Now, that's a real toy!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment