Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time flies or humiliation on the run

I think I put off putting up a new blog because I would have to mention the obedience trial last weekend. With distance, the humor is more evident. Kate's Aussie was less than stellar (check out The PawPrint Chronicles). My Terv Dani is a wonderful dog, very talented, very clever. I actually thought that, despite minimal training, we could pull off a respectable showing in the Utility Wildcard class. This is a nonregular class at the highest level of obedience. I figured she would do at least one article & do her go outs as well as glove retrieve & the moving stand. Instead, she decided to be really funny. I will leave it at that. It is amazing that an almost 11 yr old BelgianTervuren can still leap & dance! :)

One of the best parts of the trial was working as a ring steward in the morning for Novice B. I was assigned to cover for someone who was absent with a very nice woman - hi Deb! - who had never done obedience herself or watched it very much. She was enthused & learned very quickly so that was fun, plus it was nice to watch so many friends & get to cheer for them. Too often at obedience trials we are off in our own mental "competition zone" & miss some of the camaraderie.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Well, all *I* can say is, they left the best dog home. I am somewhat selfishly glad there were no cheeseburgers for Dani or Tia. I did get a little popcorn & got to watch a Terminator movie. It is a guy thing :). And, ta da - this is a chemo free week, so *I* get to go to agility class today, plus obedience class tomorrow AND agility league on Saturday as long as all stays well!
I had thrown up my supper once or twice so Deb cut my Essaic Tea for this week in case that was upsetting my stomach. Seems to be the case as I have been fine since.
Whew, gotta go get "in the zone" so I can outshine Queezle at agility class. I just hope Deb is at her best - she does tend to hold me back in my exploits.
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment