Friday, January 8, 2010

Dealing with life

OK, time to just suck it up as my kids would say. I had miscalculated and thought this week was a "chemo free" week for Hokey. This fit brilliantly with my hopes to do the local obed trials this weekend, especially when I saw Wild Card Open first thing with Open A afterwards (sort of like a true practice chance!) BUT, it was a chemo week, so I have to go, be supportive of friends and my daughter while wishing desperately that Hokey and I were competing.

In the midst of my internal whining (so, maybe a few external whines but not many), I have to admit that given the choice of having Hokey's company for 3 more years, even 3 more months, or finishing his CDX, the extra company would win hands down. So I laugh at my semi nude dude who smiles, pokes his head into his blue coat himself and bounces on the way down to the barn for chores. Lesson One from your dog - live in the moment - totally, completely :))
Deb E

From Hokey:
Yeah, well, the big problem as *I* see it, is that if you finish a title you get a cheeseburger - at least I think you deserve a cheeseburger for a CDX which is SO much harder than a mere CD like Queezle got. So there goes my chance for a cheeseburger. I can't even go watch as the whole point is to keep me home, warm and safe. I am not really into watching anyway, I prefer to be the big star.
So, my backup plan for the weekend is to get Tom, who is also home, to watch some cool movies with Baloo and I. Maybe Narnia or a Star Wars or Harry Potter marathon. We could have popcorn, maybe some fresh bones, a turkey sandwich or two. Healthy party food of course. And when Baloo leaps off the couch to attack the TV like he always does during Narnia and exciting moments in the other movies, *I* can steal his treats! Sounds like a plan!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment