Monday, January 4, 2010

Agile Hokey

Saturday was a wonderful day for Hokey and I. Our obedience club holds an "agility league" in the winter. Six weeks of agility - two runs each with one run a game and the other a regular run. Since it had been a chemo free week Hokey got to go. We had a blast! Our team, the "Bar Hoppers" (quite ironic since only 1 of the 5 members drinks at all) came in last but Hokey was the star of our team. Lots of fun!

While we were at agility, Tom's Aussie Baloo managed to get the dog food and dog treats closet open. He had a little feast and apparently was hiding food for "hard times" as he put a couple of bags in the back of his crate! This led to a couple of bouts of diarrhea Saturday night and Sunday but he seems fine now.

Then snow, snow, snow all weekend. Unfortunately with really cold temps and lots of wind. The drift is getting near the top of the fenced yard so dogs won't be able to go out to play alone at all for a while.

Sadly, it is back to the clinic for Hokey today. Vincristine is on the protocol today which is one of the easier treatments in his mind I think.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Man, I was THE DOG on Saturday!!! I flew over jumps, zipped through weaves, dashed through tunnels and hit ALL my contacts!!! Just amazing and quite fast if I do say so myself. Deb needs work on her handling - especially figuring out times as we finished our game in 38 seconds and could have used 12 more seconds to add even more points.
Oh, and all the cute chicks thought I was hot, hot, hot in my blue coat! I don't wear it to run of course though - strip down to my aerodynamic best.
However, no breakfast this am which is not a good sign. I am really starting to hate this chemo stuff but Deb tells me not too many more as long as I stay in remission.

No comments:

Post a Comment