Sunday, January 17, 2010

Smashing Saturday!

Yesterday was a 5 gold star day. Hokey, Dani and I went to Agility League. We had a GREAT time - both dogs did quite well and our team ended up tied for FIRST place! Due to time faults, our final placement was second but a huge leap from our dismal (and distant) last place the last time!



Then Kate called from Hamburg, NY where she is showing Queezle in conformation and they went Best of Breed AND took a Herding Group ONE!!! No Best in Show yet but they are close.



Hokey has had such a great week that it will be hard to take him in for chemo tomorrow - but only 5 more treatments if he stays in remission. Tomorrow is doxirubicin which is hard - a catheter, slow injection over 20 minutes or more with fluids. He will probably have the catheter in a rear leg as his front leg veins are a bit scarred from his earlier treatments. He hates this but we need to stay a course a bit longer.

I also heard from another person facing lymphoma in their dog - this time an 11 yr old Golden. Hopefully she will respond as well as Hokey.



Well, off to put the snazzy blue coat on my buddy and head down for barn chores!

Deb E



From Hokey:

Who, who, who is THE dog?!! Hokey, Hokey!!! I was flying at agility - one little error - Deb was late with her rear cross but I was smoking AND hit all my contacts! And yeah, Queezle got a Group One but that is just for looking good. She probably even got a cheeseburger but I say, let's lay it down and see who does better agility runs.



I heard Deb mentioning chemo on Monday. Darn! She says just 5 more. I can do it - I know I can - but I want it to be over. I want to just go to the clinic to say hi to everyone, get petted and admired and then go home. Oh well. But, right now I am off to see my ducks and sheep!

Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment