Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tomorrow will be a rush of cooking, driving to my mother in law's house, eating and cleaning up. But today is a good time to reflect and be thankful.
I am SO thankful for the wonderful animals who share and have shared my life - patients, trainees from classes and of course, my own wonderful family animals, from donkeys to ducks to dogs and cats plus sheep, goats and horses at this time.
I am thankful for the wonderful people of my life - my family, my many close friends from animal associations and from writing.
I am thankful that I live in America especially after hearing first hand how people in some other countries, especially women, need to hide talents and be secretive about reading, writing and even caring for animals.
Those are MY top three.
What about you?
Deb E, off to do barn chores with Hokey, Dani (10 1/2 yr old Belgian Tervuren) & Flash (12 yr old Pembroke Welsh Corgi)

From Hokey:
Well, I am VERY thankful I am being treated for my lymphoma and very thankful it is working. I am NOT so thankful about the pumpkin in my breakfast again!!!! I don't mind the ginger root capsule for nausea but this pumpkin for diarrhea prevention is getting old. Some real pumpkin pie might be nice though - hint, hint.
I am thankful that I get to do real herding work as I love my ducks!
Hokey who is NOT overweight - it is all muscle, just pure muscle

No comments:

Post a Comment