Tuesday, November 24, 2009


So far, luckily, our biggest problem with Hokey's treatment has been weight - in his case weight GAIN! He has been off the pred for 5 weeks now but with his extra meal to help spread his supplements out he has gained 12 lbs. Clearly the third meal a day is being cut out - much to his dismay :) I now refer to him as "His Roundness".


One of Hokey's daily chores is to put the ducks out in their pen in the am & bring them in at night. Livestock that know their own farm dog & learn their routine can be easy to manage though any changes will upset them, sometimes dramatically. With ducks that could be as simple as a car parked in the new spot, a person opening the door to the house, etc. Luckily Hokey is superb at handling his ducks & always gets them in & out with minimal fuss.


I decided to let him do a bit of blogging but told him that he has to follow certain guidelines & remember that *I* control the computer time.


Hi folks! This is Hokey, also known as Hokemon, Hokey Dokey, Hokey Pokey - well, you get the idea. I am actually named after a cartoon character, Hokey Wolf who was with Yogi Bear one year. Deb wanted a cartoon name for my call name but also a dance name if possible. I will explain all that in the future. We need to get down & do barn chores but I am glad to finally have a chance to get at the computer myself.

Hokey

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hokey:
    My name is Windy Run's Allie McChappell. My people tend to give me nicknames, too: Allie-gator, Alliedoodle, Alberta (when my mom attempts to be severe with me), Brunhilda (because I am a big girl), Allergy and, last but not least, Alkie. It's probably better that I share the reason for the last nickname in a private email.

    Your friend,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete