Saturday, November 28, 2009

We all survived Thanksgiving in good form - temporarily a little rounder but back to normal now! The chant at my house is currently for snow. We have downhill and cross country skiers in our house so snow can be a positive thing for us. I just want rifle deer season to end so I can go back to my normal hiking sites.

It was great having my daughter home but she is already back at school, then heading to NYC to play with the Cornell Pep Band on the USS Intrepid and then at a Cornell hockey game. Her dogs miss her but I keep them busy.

Today it is blowing hard but rain, not snow. Frodo the mini horse is galloping like crazy - racing the wind, bucking and leaping. He is a brown and white fuzzball right now and if his coat is any indication we will have a long cold winter. The donkeys on the other hand are discussing plans to head south. This is Frodo in his summer outfit. We will try to get a picture of his winter fuzz.

I have decided I deserve the weekend mostly "off" from writing but may do some research work. Working at home has both good and bad points. The bad points include that everyone feels free to ask you to do errands for them since you have flexible hours and that there are plenty of other options such as training the dogs if you get bored writing. The good points of course include the fact that I am home with all my animals and that when the kids have school events I can rearrange things to attend.
Stay warm, stay dry!
Deb E


From Hokey:
Man, all that turkey and I hardly got any! Plus with the cold rain, the ducks stayed in so I didn't even get to work. A human would have said "didn't have to work" but we dogs like having chores.
I just finished my 8 week chemo induction and now go on every other week for 8 more weeks of maintenance. The best part is that I don't have to go to the clinic on Monday morning!!!
Deb said we need to try and help other dogs with lymphoma so I will tell you all about ginger. Ginger is known for helping with nausea - even carsickness. Eating a couple of ginger snaps can help or you can take your ginger "straight". A friend of ours who has had a couple of bouts of chemo recommended this to Deb. At first, Deb just sprinkled ginger on my meals. Maybe the ginger got mixed with the pumpkin and I snorted some of the powder - who knows? I was sort of turned off on the pumpkin and Deb was afraid I didn't want to eat the ginger either. So now I get ginger root capsules for 3 days - the day of chemo, the day after and one day after that. Perfect - no nausea at all!

Well, I need to go and steal the new toy that Flash got for her birthday (she is the Pem Corgi who turns 12 on Monday and got her present early since Kate was home). Steal toys, steal treats and enjoy your day!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment