Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring colds

I am guessing it may be partly allergy associated but I always seem to get a bad cold in the spring. Usually the week of the Syracuse shows but it is later this week. I hate having a "fuzzy head"!

We are working away diligently on Hokey's tracking & also an exercise program to make sure he is in top shape. He loves getting the extra long walks & tracking is one of his favorite things to do. Yesterday we did some mini VST tracks at out local schools. Kate was home for the weekend so I had her lay Hokey's track while I laid one for our friend Maura & her Terv, Malibu.

We aged the tracks 3 to 4 hours & during that time the wind came up. Both dogs did very well, even in the tricky & difficult spots. You can start crossing your fingers (and any household paws) now for Hokey at the tracking tests at our National in 2 weeks. It would be great if he could do well - it is already fantastic that he simply gets to go to Texas!
Deb E, off to heat up a corn bag for my head!

From Hokey:
Yes! I was SO good on my track! My only problem was the playground where Kate took my track onto & over a wooden platform. I was not at all sure that was right & I wanted to simply duck under or around. I never lost the scent though & Deb helped me by encouraging me onto the wooden thing. I think that was cheating myself! Luckily Kate is one of my favorite people so I won't hold it against her.

We had Dani's birthday on Saturday - she is now 11!!! We all got some steak & roast beef so that was cool. Dani likes to point out that she is the best AND the top dog in our house. I tell her obviously her age is showing with her senility since *I* am the best! I only do that when I can run & hide somewhere.

Deb is feeling sick so I have to go take care of her. Actually Dani & Tia are the best nurses so I just supervise them!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment