Saturday, April 17, 2010

Good week!

This has been a good week! The weather was decent most days so all the dogs got mile long walks while Hokey and I also got in some tracking. A friend laid a nice half TDX track for him on Thursday and he did quite well. It is great when you can swap tracking laying with people and get your dog to new sites.

The grass is growing like crazy - EXCEPT in the duck pen where I really want it to grow!That would figure of course :). Oh well, rain today so hopefully that will stimulate some growth or I can throw some more seed out there.

I felt badly that a lovely snake I had come to know got run over yesterday. I think it was a red factor garter snake though I should look it up. Very attractive, good sized snake and with a stub tail from some previous accident. It tended to be a bit snotty when I would move it while mowing, etc but it was so attractive I didn't mind. Cars and snakes don't mix well.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Yeah, I got to track in a really neat new area - even got to work through some woods. I am hoping to be totally fit and ready for next Sunday when I get to track in Texas.

All three of us Tervs, me, Dani & Queezle, are going to the Terv Natl. It is the 50th anniversary so it should be fun. I want to be a big star but it will be tricky. Deb is getting 25 yr member recognition & Dani is in the Top Ten Tracking Dogs Invitational. So, I really need to shine at something. I am still not totally comfortable with my dumbbell but I think I am ready to blow everyone away in tracking & agility.

I couldn't do duck herding unfortunately as there was a conflict with tracking. Hopefully my sister Flame will be a big star there.

Ok, gotta go practice my mental preparations (that means take a nap!).
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment