Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Goals

I had hoped Hokey would get a CDX leg or maybe even two at the Syracuse shows but no such luck. On Friday when he ran out to get his dumbbell,grabbed it, turned & took about 2 steps back to me when suddenly he leapt into the air, throwing the dumbbell. He was definitely NOT playing with it - it looked like he got an electric shock! We never figured out what happened & he did the retrieve over the high jump (different area of the ring) just fine. He did not want to go near that area of the ring so I pulled him for the weekend.
It seems he has connected the dumbbell to the problem but we are working through it. (His teeth, mouth, etc are fine). I am putting peanut butter on the bar and letting him lick it. That was going fine. Then Queezle came over and, hoorah for sibling rivalry!, he grabbed the dumbbell and ran off! So maybe he will get over this quickly.
We are planning to head to our Natl in a couple of weeks - the 50th one for Belgian Tervurens. So today we were out tracking and he did a wonderful job.
Deb E

From Hokey:
Man, that was awful with my dumbbell! I love that thing but whatever happened was downright spooky!I wish I could blame another dog somehow or maybe the cat - yeah, I bet the cat was behind this! I will bet he booby trapped my dumbbell at home on Thursday night. Probably jealous of how great I am doing!

Oh well, I LOVE the peanut butter therapy. I may need it for a long, long time :))

And today I got to work my ducks AND go tracking! Doesn't get much better than that. I went by the clinic but just to pick up tick stuff for our trip and to get weighed. NO chemo!!!!
Hokey

2 comments:

  1. I bet Hokey wants to earn his CDX at his Nationals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, no such luck - only one day of obedience & he needs 2 legs. But we would be VERY happy with one!
    Deb E

    ReplyDelete