Friday, January 7, 2011

Where's the snow?

Remember the old Wendy's commercials with the old lady crying, "Where's the beef?" Well, here I am asking, "Where's the snow?" We were supposed to get a big storm and I admit, I was hoping Tom would get a snow day. We were probably two of the few people hoping for the storm. Actually, lots of local students were doing snow dances I bet!

It looks like the snow may show up later so there might be early dismissal.

Of course, I then want it over and cleaned up by tomorrow so we can go to the SOTC obedience trials. Here in upstate NY, 8 to 10 inches could and would be dealt with easily.

I love a blizzard as long as the power stays on. We don't have a fireplace or woodstove so if the power goes out we get chilly fast. And the loss of running water is a hardship caring for the animals. Still, if the house stays warm, it is nice to snuggle on the loveseat with one or two dogs, a good book and hot chocolate.

Housework should never be done on big storm days. After all, you would hate to have the power go out when you were halfway through vacuuming a room :).
Deb E

No comments:

Post a Comment