Sunday, December 19, 2010

Still smiling!

Both Hokey and I are still smiling! I am still so in awe of his ability. What a dog! Of course, he doesn't get to brag too much here or Flash and Dani flatten him.

We have been lucky to share congratulations from so many wonderful friends. That makes our accomplishment even better. Best of all, we have heard from others with cancer challenged dogs who are heartened by our success. Of course, there are no guarantees and we have no idea how long Hokey's remission will last but I continue to do his supplements, special diet, etc and we will keep working.
We have quite a bit of snow so we are mostly working in the barn aisle, doing some utility obedience. I need to figure out a good way to work the ducks despite the snow. Haven't come up with that yet.

And we just ordered some custom bumper stickers - Canine Cancer Survivors Can Do! in bright green. Definitely one will go on my minivan :)
Deb E


Oh yeah, steak for THREE nights in a row!! Whoohee!! And other dogs got a piece each but *I* got lots of pieces.

I am back to work - learning utility which should be a snap for me since I am so brilliant but it may take a while to get Deb proofed. She seems to think I should hand her these white gloves when we both know the correct article indication is to lie down or sit by the glove. I love to run out and grab it, then shake it and bring it back to her and drop it. I mean, what more could you want?

And I keep warning those ducks that I plan to work their fluffy little butts off this winter. Deb and I will figure out a way to keep them in shape!
Yeah, life is good - just like those t shirts!
Hokey

No comments:

Post a Comment