Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Disasters - but minor!

I had hoped to have good news, but despite lovely conditions, Hokey and I muffed up a turn and failed our TDX test in Cleveland. I was crushed since it is so hard to get into a test, we started well and he was working just great. Still these things happen. No passes at all.
We were late alternates the previous weekend and are again this coming weekend, so no more tries for a while. With every entry I send I add a prayer that Hokey will still be feeling fine IF we get in.

This trip was not that fun except for the actual test. The Cleveland folks are wonderful and the site was great. The drive out and most of the drive home were in pouring rain. On the way home I ended up in the post football game Buffalo traffic. This slows things way down - as in 10 miles in 30 minutes plus you have to beware plenty of drunk drivers. Not fun!

Halfway home I also started itching and quickly realized I had bed bug bites from my motel stay! ARRGH!!! This meant doing laundry literally as I walked in the door at 9 pm and spraying my bag, car, etc. Kate keeps telling me I will find this funny at some point. I am not sure I will live long enough!
Deb E

From Hokey:
Yeah, we blew it. I had visions of my double cheeseburger dancing through my head and then suddenly there was fabulous deer poop - like everywhere! Kind of lost it a bit. But I am sure we will pass soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment